Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tenure Portfolio Submitted... It's time to party!

I submitted my Tenure portfolio to the Dean's office yesterday at 4:45 PM (due by 5PM), and it was a weight lifted off my shoulders. I think if I would have had the weekend to complete work on it I would have continued to work up to the last minute. I think it may be my education courses that emphasized portfolios, organization, etc., so I like to have them well organized. I am confident in the work I included in my portfolio. My Statement of Accomplishments is likely way too lengthy, and I am sure I could have added more supporting documents for teaching, research or service, but I tried to be as concise as possible.

The past two weeks have been even crazier than normal. As soon as I returned from India our college faculty had an Assurance of Learning Retreat and an Online Teaching workshop. I had to prepare for my online course to make sure it was ready for Tuesday's first day of class, and then are those other two classes I teach. At the same time my tenure portfolio was due on Friday. Needless to say I breathed a huge sigh of relief yesterday afternoon at 5 PM. During this process I have been very thankful for a supportive division chair and dean. A small amount of encouragement and positive feedback goes a long way. I need to remember to do the same as an instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment