Sunday, December 26, 2010

My List of Top iPhone Apps of 2010

My Top iPhone Apps for 2010

I love 'best of the year' lists, so I decided to create my own top iPhone apps for 2010.

Blastr
A great Sci-Fi News app from the blog of the same name.

NPR News
Listen to streaming public radio stations or on demand versions of your favorite NPR shows like All Things Considered.

Yelp
I love Yelp and am an avide reviewer and user of both the website and iPhone app, mostly for restaurant reviews.

Fluent News
News aggregator. I have several other news apps (e.g., WSJ, NY Times, etc.), but Fluent aggregates the top articles for several news sources into a single app.

Sportacular
Great sports app for score updates. Much better than ESPN's app, although I have and use both.

AT&T U-Verse
Since switching to AT&T U-Verse cable television service I found they already had a very useful iPhone app allowing you to quickly add DVR recordings or review/delete recorded programs from anywhere. It's much quicker to delete programs from the iPhone app than through the actual DVR/cable box on-tv-screen commands. [Available for U-Verse customers only]

Twitter
The official Twitter app for iPhone is pretty great. I used to use tweetdeck and tried a few other apps before Twitter bought the tweetie app and came out with this 'official' app for iphone.

Favorite Game Apps on iPhone: Peggle, Angry Birds, Osmos, Bejeweled 2

The Facebook and Google Maps apps are also both excellent apps that I have used quite often since my first iPhone, and they continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment